June 19 to 21, 2018 in Aachen, Germany
The International Conference of the excellence cluster Tailor-Made Fuels from Biomass will take place in the Eurogress in Aachen, already held for the 6th time. Scientists from all over the world are expected in Aachen during these days to present and discuss their latest results in the field of fuel development.
In the last years, the conference has shown well the interdisciplinary work of the excellence cluster. And yet again, the program covers a wide range of contributions from various disciplines.
The event is open to participants from science and industry interested in challenges and solutions regarding novel biofuels and synthetic fuels from regenerative energy sources. The conference focuses on biofuel production, the conversion of regenerative electricity and various carbon sources to novel synthetic fuels, and the combustion processes of such tailored fuels.
Call for Papers and Posters
We would like to invite you to contribute to this conference with either an oral presentation or a poster of your work in the following fields:
- Biomass pretreatment, the fractionation and enzymatic and catalytic biomass processing
- Catalytic synthesis and conversion of biomass-based streams to platform molecules and fuels
- Pathways to synthetic, alternative fuels by utilization of regenerative electricity and carbon dioxide
- (Bio-)Refinery process optimization
- Mixture formation and ignition processes of bio- and synthetic fuels
- Combustion process and exhaust gas aftertreatment optimization of bio- and synthetic fuels
Please use our template (see below) to send a summary of your topic and preferred presentation type (oral or poster) to the Cluster Office by latest January 26th, 2018. The deadline for the extended abstracts will be May 11th, 2018.
The conference sessions will be complemented by keynote lectures from experts of all addressed disciplines.
- Prof. Kurt Wegemann, Executive Director of DECHEMA Gesellschaft für Chemische Technik und Biotechnologie e.V., Germany
- Prof. Gregory Stephanopoulos, Massachusetts Institute of technology, Department of Chemical Engineering, United States
- Bénédicte Cuenot, Centre Européen de Recherche et de Formation Avancée en Calcul Scientifique, France
- Dr. Jens Kanacher, Department Leader "Energy Systems, Markets and Storage", innogy SE, Germany
- Prof. Tao Zhang, Director of Dalian Institute of Chemical Physics (DICP), Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
- Dr. Wolfgang Warnecke, Chief Scientist Mobility, Shell, Germany
- Prof. Andre Boehman, Professor of Mechanical Engineering, Director of W.E. Lay Automotive Laboratory, University of Michigan, USA