5th International Conference 2017
The International Conference of the excellence cluster Tailor-Made Fuels from Biomass was already held for the 5th time in 2017.
In the last years, the conference has shown well the interdisciplinary work of the excellence cluster. And yet again, the program covers a wide range of contributions from various disciplines. The Book of Abstracts gives a first insight into the speeches.
The event is open to participants from science and industry interested in challenges and solutions regarding novel biofuels and synthetic fuels from regenerative energy sources. The conference focuses on biofuel production, the conversion of regenerative electricity and various carbon sources to novel synthetic fuels, and the combustion processes of such tailored fuels.
The conference sessions were complemented by keynote lectures from experts of all addressed disciplines.
- Prof. Prodromos Daoutidis, Professor and Executive Officer of the Department of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science (CEMS), University of Minnesota, United States
- Dr. Andreas Schamel, Director of Global Powertrain, Research and Advanced Engineering, Ford Research and Innovation Center, Germany
- Mark Musculus, Ph.D., Engine Combustion Department of the Combustion Research Facility, Sandia National Laboratories, United States
- Dr Thomas D. Foust, Director of the National Bioenergy Center (NBC), National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL), United States
- Prof. Nils-Olof Nylund, VTT Technical Research Center Finland Ltd, Finland
- Prof. Dr. Robert Schlögl, Director of the Max Planck Institute for Chemical Energy Conversion, Germany
- Prof. Joerg Sauer, Head of the Institute of Catalysis Research and Technology, Karlsruhe Institute for Technology, Germany
- Dr. Philippe A. Tanguy, P.Eng., Vice President International Scientific Development, Corporate R&D,Total SA, Puteaux, France
Presentations and Pictures of the Conference
You can download most of the presentations as well as the pictures from our International Conference with your access data.
- Welcome and Introduction
- Keynote Session 1
- Fuel Design
- Selective Biomass Conversion
- Fuel Application 1
- Biomass to Platform Molecules
- Fuel Combustion
- Keynote Session 2
- Keynote Session 3
- Fuels from Renewable Electricity 1
- Fuels from Renewable Electricity 2
- Keynote Session 4
- From Biomass to Biofuels
- Fuel Application 2
- Keynote Session 5
- TMFB Report 1
- TMFB Report 2
- Pictures Day 1
- Pictures Day 2
- Pictures Day 3