Fifth International Conference 2017
The International Conference of the excellence cluster Tailor-Made Fuels from Biomass will take place in the Eurogress in Aachen from June 20th to 22nd, 2017, already held for the 5th time. Scientists from all over the world are expected in Aachen during these days to present and discuss their latest results in the field of fuel development.
In the last years, the conference has shown well the interdisciplinary work of the excellence cluster. And yet again, the program covers a wide range of contributions from various disciplines.
The event is open to participants from science and industry interested in challenges and solutions regarding novel biofuels and synthetic fuels from regenerative energy sources. The conference focuses on biofuel production, the conversion of regenerative electricity and various carbon sources to novel synthetic fuels, and the combustion processes of such tailored fuels.
Confirmed Invited Speakers
The conference sessions will be complemented by keynote lectures from experts of all addressed disciplines.
- Prof. Prodromos Daoutidis, Professor and Executive Officer of the Department of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science (CEMS), University of Minnesota, United States
- Dr. Andreas Schamel, Director of Global Powertrain, Research and Advanced Engineering, Ford Research and Innovation Center, Germany
- Dr. Mark Musculus, Engine Combustion Department of the Combustion Research Facility, Sandia National Laboratories, United States
- Dr. Thomas D. Foust, Director of the National Bioenergy Center (NBC), National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL), United States
- Prof. Nils-Olof Nylund, VTT Technical Research Centre Finland Ltd, Finland
- Prof. Dr. Robert Schlögl, Director of the Max Planck Institute for Chemical Energy Conversion, Germany
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Jörg Sauer, Head of the Institute of Catalysis Research and Technology, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology, Germany
- Dr. Philippe A. Tanguy, Vice President, International Scientific Development, Total, France