8th International Conference 2020Copyright: FSC
The International Conference of the Cluster of Excellence The Fuel Science Center took place in 2020 for the eighth time in a row. Due to the coronavirus, however, the Eurogress in Aachen did not serve as the venue as in previous years. Instead, we decided to hold the conference online. Especially with the digital platform Zoom we were able to organize a successful online conference.
In the last years, the conference has shown well the interdisciplinary work of the excellence cluster. And yet again, the program covers a wide range of contributions from various disciplines. The Book of Abstracts gives a first insight into the speeches.
The event is aimed at participants from science and industry interested in challenges and solutions regarding novel biofuels and synthetic fuels from renewable energy and alternative carbon sources. The conference focuses on biofuel production, the conversion of regenerative electricity and various carbon sources to novel synthetic fuels, and the combustion processes of such fuels.
The conference sessions were complemented by keynote lectures from experts of all addressed disciplines.
- Benedikt Stefánsson, Director of Business Development, Carbon Recycling International / Iceland
- Gregg Beckham, Senior Research Fellow I-Chemical Engineering, National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) / U.S.
- Marcus Aldén, Professor and Head of the division Combustion Physics, Lund University / Sweden
- Korneel Rabaey, Head of the Department of Biochemical and Microbial Technology, Ghent University / Belgium
- Henry Curran, Director of the Combustion Chemistry Centre, NUI Galway / Ireland
- Sophie Biré , Chief Technology Officer, Total / France
- Bert Weckhuysen , Distinguished University Professor, Utrecht University / The Netherlands
- Amit Kumar , University of Alberta / Canada
Presentations and Posters of the Conference
If you are interested in the presentations or the posters of the poster party from the 8th International Conference, feel free to contact the Cluster Office via e-mail. We will send you the respective files with pleasure.