8th International Conference 2020
The International Conference of the excellence cluster The Fuel Science Center will be held for the 8th time already in 2020. As before, the Eurogress in Aachen will serve as the venue for the conference.
Just as in the last years, the upcoming conference will show the interdisciplinary work of the excellence cluster as well as cover a wide range of contributions from various disciplines.
The event addresses to participants from science and industry interested in challenges and solutions regarding novel biofuels and synthetic fuels from renewable energy and alternative carbon sources. The conference focuses on biofuel production, the conversion of regenerative electricity and various carbon sources to novel synthetic fuels, and the combustion processes of such fuels.
The conference sessions will be completed by keynote lectures from experts of all addressed disciplines.
- Benedikt Stefánsson, Director of Business Development, Carbon Recycling International / Iceland
- Gregg Beckham, Senior Research Fellow I-Chemical Engineering, National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) / U.S.
- Marcus Aldén, Professor and Head of the division Combustion Physics, Lund University / Sweden
- Korneel Rabaey, Head of the Department of Biochemical and Microbial Technology, Ghent University / Belgium
- Henry Curran, Director of the Combustion Chemistry Centre, NUI Galway / Ireland
- Marie-Noelle Semeria, Chief Technology Officer, Total / France
- Bert Weckhuysen , Distinguished University Professor, Utrecht University / The Netherlands
Call for Papers and Posters
Be part of the conference "Fuel Science - From Production to Propulsion" - the well-known conference on fuel science which is now held for the eighth time by the Cluster of Excellence "The Fuel Science Center - Adaptive Conversion Systems for Renewable Energy and Carbon Sources"!
We would like to invite you to this conference with either an oral presentation or a poster of your work in the below mentioned fields. Please use our template (downlowad-link on the post-it on this side) to send in a summary of your topic and preferred presentation type (oral or poster) to the Cluster Office (email@example.com) by latest January 31, 2020. The deadline for the extended abstracts will be April 19, 2020.
The following topics will be addressed in seperate sessions during the conference:
- Synthetic, alternative fuels by utilization of regenerative electricity and carbon dioxide
- System perspective & sustainable value chains
- Impact of renewable fuels on environment, economics, and society
- Catalytic synthesis and conversion of biomass-based streams in combination with other renewable resources to platform molecules and fuels
- Combustion process and exhaust gas aftertreatment optimization of renewable fuels
- Mixture formation and ignition process of renewable fuels
Call for Papers and Posters
In case of any questions regarding the submission or the conference in general, please do not hesistate to contact the Cluster Office .
Hotel booking: The aachen tourist service will assist you in booking your accommodation during the conference. Please click here to benefit from special booking conditions.
Further information on the program as well as organisational information on the registration form will soon be available here.