5th International Conference 2017Copyright: © FSC
TheInternational Conference of the excellence cluster Tailor-Made Fuels from Biomass was already held for the 5th time in 2017.
In the last years, the conference has shown well the interdisciplinary work of the excellence cluster. And yet again, the program covers a wide range of contributions from various disciplines. The Book of Abstracts gives a first insight into the speeches.
The event is open to participants from science and industry interested in challenges and solutions regarding novel biofuels and synthetic fuels from regenerative energy sources. The conference focuses on biofuel production, the conversion of regenerative electricity and various carbon sources to novel synthetic fuels, and the combustion processes of such tailored fuels.
The conference sessions were complemented by keynote lectures from experts of all addressed disciplines.
- Prof. Prodromos Daoutidis, Professor and Executive Officer of the Department of Chemical Engineering and Materials Science (CEMS), University of Minnesota, United States
- Dr. Andreas Schamel, Director of Global Powertrain, Research and Advanced Engineering, Ford Research and Innovation Center, Germany
- Mark Musculus, Ph.D., Engine Combustion Department of the Combustion Research Facility, Sandia National Laboratories, United States
- Dr Thomas D. Foust, Director of the National Bioenergy Center (NBC), National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL), United States
- Prof. Nils-Olof Nylund, VTT Technical Research Center Finland Ltd, Finland
- Prof. Dr. Robert Schlögl, Director of the Max Planck Institute for Chemical Energy Conversion, Germany
- Prof. Joerg Sauer, Head of the Institute of Catalysis Research and Technology, Karlsruhe Institute for Technology, Germany
- Dr. Philippe A. Tanguy, P.Eng., Vice President International Scientific Development, Corporate R&D,Total SA, Puteaux, France
Presentations and Posters of the Conference
If you are interested in the presentations or the posters of the poster party from the 5th International Conference, feel free to contact the Cluster Office via e-mail. We will send you the respective files with pleasure.