11th International Conference 2023
The 11th International Conference "Fuel Science - From Production to Propulsion" will be held from May 23 - 25, 2023.
The event is aimed at representatives from science and industry interested in the challenges of developing new fuels from renewable energy and carbon sources. The core topics are the production of biofuels, the conversion of renewable electrical energy and various carbon sources to new synthetic fuels, and the combustion process of the fuels.
Experts from the various fields represented will round off the diverse program with their keynote sessions:
- Terese Lovas, Professor at the Norwegian University of Technology and Head of the Department of Energy and Process Engineering / Norway.
- Christoph Wittmann, Professor at Saarland University / Germany
- Christian Kunkel, Head of Combustion Development, Four-Stroke R&D at MAN Energy Solutions / Germany
- Ib Chorkendorff, Professor at the Technical University of Denmark / Denmark
- Anke Weidlich, Professor for Energy Distribution Technologies at the Institute for Sustainable Technical Systems / Germany
- Karsten Wilbrand, Senior Principal Scientist Mobility at Shell / Germany
Call for Papers and Posters
Be part of the conference "Fuel Science - From Production to Propulsion" - the well-known conference around the topic of fuels and "Fuel Science", which is now organized for the eleventh time by the Cluster of Excellence "The Fuel Science Center - Adaptive Conversion Systems for Renewable Energy and Carbon Sources"! We would like to invite you to this conference with an oral presentation or poster of your work in the areas listed below. Please use our template (download link on the post-it on this page) to submit an abstract of your oral presentation (should be no longer than two pages including graphics). Abstracts will be reviewed by the professors and then included in our Book of Abstracts. In case of a poster, please submit a short abstract. Please send your abstract or abstract to the Cluster Office (email@example.com) no later than February 28, 2023.
The following topics will be addressed in separate sessions during the conference:
- Synthetic, alternative fuels by utilization of renewable electricity and carbon dioxide.
- System perspective & sustainable value chains
- Impact of renewable fuels on environment, economics, and society
- Catalytic synthesis and conversion of biomass-based streams in combination with other renewable resources to platform molecules and fuels
- Combustion process and exhaust gas aftertreatment optimization of renewable fuels
- Mixture formation and ignition processes of renewable fuels
In addition to your poster, you also have the opportunity to present your research with an exciting teaser video.
If you have any questions about the submission or the conference in general, please feel free to contact the Cluster Office at any time.
Check out our program for the past 10th International Fuel Science Center Conference here and join us next year.
Presentations and posters of the conference
If you are interested in the presentations of the talks or the posters of the poster party, please contact the Cluster Office by mail. We will then send you the corresponding files.